Abdomen lifting operation is performed to the abdominal area where sagging and cracks occur in time. Crack and sagging problems may occur due to fast weight fluctuation and pregnancy. Here are some important tummy tuck FAQs answered by MAYCLINIK experts:
What’s tummy tuck?
Tummy tuck is a surgical operation that can create impressive difference. This is more common in women who have given birth in general because the abdominal muscles are stretched. However, excess fat in the abdomen can affect all stages of life.
Am I a good candidate for tummy tuck?
Tummy tuck is a surgical operation often needed in women who have given birth. During pregnancy, the abdomen is severely expanded with abdominal wall and abdominal muscles. This issue occurs in post pregnancy period. That’s why tummy tuck is often advised after a pregnancy.
Tummy Tuck surgery is usually performed on women but sometimes men may also need this surgery too. There is a need for tummy tuck surgery in men or women who have gained or lost a lot of weight.
What are the risks?
Decision of having an aesthetic surgery depends on your own will and whether or not it would fulfill your expectations. You should decide whether the risks and potential complications of Tummy tuck surgery acceptable or not. Your plastic surgeon will explain the risks of the surgery in detail. You’re asked for signing confirmation forms to make sure you fully understand the surgery and all the risks and possible complications.
Possible risks of tummy tuck surgery include:
- Fluid accumulation
- Numbness or other changes in skin sensation
- Recurrent looseness of skin
These risks and others will be fully discussed before your consent is taken. It is important to discuss all your questions directly with your plastic surgeon.
What should be done before a surgery?
You should quit smoking if you do. You should avoid taking aspirins which can increase bleeding, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements.
- Past Medical History: Talk to your doctor about the operations you are taking, as well as the medications you use. If you are allergic to any drug, tell the plastic surgeon.
- Your Physical Condition: For treatment, your doctor will make the necessary examination before you decide to operate. The doctor may also take photographs of the abdomen for medical records.
- Your Expectations: You should know exactly what you want. You should tell this to your doctor in detail before the surgery and you should know what the result will be like.
Operation process step by step
The troubled area under the skin will be removed and a flat abdomen done by bringing the muscles together.
- Anesthesia: During the surgical procedures, drugs are applied for your own comfort. Options include sedation and general anesthesia. Your doctor will recommend the best option for you.
- Formation of incisions: The shape and length of the incision will be determined by the amount of excess skin. Once the abdominal skin is lifted, the underlying weakened abdominal muscles are repaired.
- Closing the incisions: Sutures, skin adhesives, tapes or clips close the skin incisions.
- See the result: Your tummy tuck will result in a flatter, firmer abdominal contour that is more proportionate with your body type and weight.
What to expect?
Abdominal stretching should be performed in a hospital. It should definitely be done in an operating room environment. You will be anesthetized during the operation and you will not feel any pain during the operation.
You should talk to your doctor in detail with abdominal stretching surgery. As a result, you should expect realistic results. Your doctor should be able to tell you in a correct way, and you should understand it well.
Tummy tuck surgery
Abdominal stretching in the lower layer of the skin is taken from the problematic region, the distended muscles are tightened and brought closer to each other to ensure the formation of a flat stomach. Finally, the doctor terminates the operation by making a new navel hole in the abdomen.
If the complaint is only in the lower region of the belly, the problem can be solved by a smaller operation called mini abdominoplasty. In the operation that leaves a smaller trace, the abdominal muscles are repaired.
What should be done after a surgery?
After the operation you will be asked to wear a special garment to keep your tummy tight. There as on for this is to reduce the swelling which is a natural result.
Take time to relax and take yourself on the days following your treatment. You can do a little activity to promote blood flow and speed up the healing. Walking is especially good, but try to take a lot of rest.
In general, patients can return to work after two weeks of surgery. If you work in a high level of physical difficulty, you should extend this period a little longer. Additionally, your routine program and status will be under constant control.
The results of tummy tuck may be concealed due to the fact that you do not stand completely upright. You will have a tall and confident stance within a week or two. With the tummy tuck, you will have a firmer and tighter abdomen, which is more proportionate to your body type and weight.
Tummy tuck is not guaranteed. In some cases, it may not be possible to obtain the best results with a single surgical procedure and other surgical procedures may become necessary. It is essential for the success of the surgery to follow your doctor’s instructions. Your doctor will give you specific instructions on how to take care of yourself.
Head on to MAYCLINIK website for more information: https://www.mayclinik.com/tummy-tuck-in-istanbul-turkey.html